Sports Betting

Trending

random

10 Nigerian Songs I Can’t Stop Listening To (Vol. 2)

At the tail-end of August, we at NJO kickstarted a new series called “10 Nigerian Songs I Can’t Stop Listening To“.

In the words of the great E G O:

At NotjustOk.com, we try our best to put out the best content to music lovers all over, and most times, the A-List music artists shine brighter and get more attention than the upcoming ones. While the unequivocal truth remains that, the A-Listers have earned their status by being hardworking and consistent over the years, what about the talented newbies in the game who are trying to get similar attention? They too should be given the much needed attention if you ask me. Guess what, this is exactly what this list is all about – to give the highly talented upcoming artistes the much needed attention they deserve, and perhaps do it in such a way that they eventually attain the A-List status too.

However, I’m giving my own selection a slight tweak. It doesn’t consist of songs from up & coming artists alone; I’ve also added “sleeper-hits” and generally, songs that… well… I can’t stop listening to. Best believe I’ve jammed each of these tunes an average of 20-30 times in the last few months.

Without wasting any more of your time, here are 10 Nigerian Songs I Can’t Stop Listening To!

*O.O*

 

Dj Neptune ft. Davido & Del’B – So Nice

10 Nigerian Songs I Can't Stop Listening To (Vol. 2)

This is probably the biggest “sleeper-hit” released in 2015. When DJ Neptune dropped “So Nice” back in June, I coulda sworn it’d destroy the National charts and airwaves ’cause of the sweet lyrics, rhythm and melody. Throw in the “Davido” factor, and it leaves one wondering why this song isn’t the talk of the town.

With the recent release of its well-directed video, maybe, just maybe, this song might still do some major damage in the last quarter of 2015. I sincerely hope so.

DOWNLOAD: DJ Neptune – So Nice ft Davido & Del B

 

LeriQ ft. Wande Coal – Wish List

LeriQ Wish List

When LeriQ announced he’ll be releasing an album – The Lost Sounds – in August, we all knew it was going to be a masterpiece. As part of the build-up, the song “Wish List” featuring Wande Coal dropped. Per label request, we didn’t put it up on the site, but that didn’t stop me from jamming the hell out of it. “Wish List” quickly became my favorite Naija tune at that moment. It’s still Top 3 on my playlist.

DOWNLOAD: LeriQ ft. Wande Coal – Wish List

 

Rayce ft. Olamide – Renovation

Attachment-1

Rayce is arguably as talented as any Afropop/Afrobeats artist out there, but for some reason, it isn’t quite happening for him. Every single he releases is a certified banger. But – bar 1 or 2 songs – they don’t necessarily translate to hits.

Renovation” featuring Olamide is yet another tune in his very long line of insane bangers I find myself playing very often. What (I think) it needs is a video. We may all come back to this song soon. Maybe… who knows?

DOWNLOAD: Rayce ft. Olamide – Renovation

 

Omotayo – Lojosi

lojosi artwork by omotayo

Lojosi by Omotayo is actually a late 2014 song, but such is its quality that I’m forced to add it to my selection. Some songs are so good, they become timeless. This is one of them. I won’t say more; just turn off the lights and press play. Be careful though… you might end up texting your ex. 😉

DOWNLOAD

JiLEX – Slide In

OFFICIAL PX

How about some vintage R&B to set the mood right? That’s exactly what we have here. Up n coming act, JiLEX, ticks all the right boxes with his debut single “Slide In“. I can’t wait to hear more from this fella.

DOWNLOAD: Jilex – Slide In

The post 10 Nigerian Songs I Can’t Stop Listening To (Vol. 2) appeared first on notjustOk.


10 Nigerian Songs I Can’t Stop Listening To (Vol. 2) Reviewed by Olusola Bodunde on 05:58 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for reading, please share this post and leave a comment. Your comment is important to us

All Rights Reserved by Naija News Live © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.