Sports Betting

Trending

random

Dele Giwa: Omeben Packages Lies To Cover Up For IBB’s Track – Soyinka

Kayode Soyinka has dismissed the insinuation that he had a hand in the death of the founding editor-in-chief of Newswatch, Dele Giwa.

Late Dele Giwa

Late Dele Giwa

Soyinka who was with Giwa when the parcel bomb was delivered to the deceased’s residence at Ikejia, Lagos told The Nation in an interview at his base in London  he was being set up to cover up for the killing of Giwa.

He has described the allegation against him by the former police boss, Chris Omeben, as a pack of lies which he had been spreading for years.

Soyinka added that Omeben started what he described as web of lies from the beginning of the investigation into the case in order to protect the interest of former military, Ibrahim Babangida and other intelligence officers.

READ ALSO:

He said: “It is obvious lies. I don’t have the time to reply a man like Omeben. I deliberately replied all these same lies about two years ago in The Nation when he made the allegations in The Sun.   I don’t know why the News Agency of Nigeria should continue to give a platform to a man like that to repeat the lies he has been repeating through the years.

“In my position, I shouldn’t be responding to Omeben because by doing so, I am making him look important and he is not relevant.”

Speaking further on how Omeben allegedly tried to cover Babangida said: “It is a lie that they have been peddling to protect Babangida, Akilu and Togun through the years. They started it from day one when that incident happened, they changed the story.”

On why he did not give himself up for Omeben to interrogate him, Soyinka said that the police have interviewed him twice when he was still in Nigeria before the burial of Giwa.

He said:  “I cannot make myself available to Chris Omeben, I was the first person police interviewed on the spot on that day in Lagos. My survival was divine, the guy is lying; he doesn’t know anything. He said he is an investigator, he knows nothing.

READ ALSO

“I was the first person to be interviewed in the hospital where Dele’s body was next door to me. The second interview took place at Newswatch office on Oregun road. He said I ran away from Nigeria, I didn’t run away, I was in Nigeria till Dele was buried; I attended the burial with my wife. My wife and children were in the United Kingdom (UK) when it happened; somebody flew them in to join me here.

“After the incident, it was about a month before Dele was buried and I was in the country throughout. It was after the burial that I left Nigeria and I did not go through Nadeco route, I went through British Caledonia at the airport with my wife and children and well-wishers, including Newswatch staff, they followed me to the airport. So, I didn’t run away.”

Meanwhile, the House of Representatives had asked President Muhammadu Buhari to reopen investigations into unresolved cases of high profile political and extra judicial killings in Nigeria.

The House made the charge to the Federal Government .

The post Dele Giwa: Omeben Packages Lies To Cover Up For IBB’s Track – Soyinka appeared first on Nigeria News today & Breaking news | Read on NAIJ.COM.


Dele Giwa: Omeben Packages Lies To Cover Up For IBB’s Track – Soyinka Reviewed by Olusola Bodunde on 07:23 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for reading, please share this post and leave a comment. Your comment is important to us

All Rights Reserved by Naija News Live © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.