Sports Betting

Trending

random

I Was Scared When Ferguson Told Me He Would Retire – Mourinho

Under-fire Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has revealed he was scared Alex Ferguson told him of his intention to retire in 2013 very early.

He says he got scared because he was just told a closed secret by a great manager and didn’t know if he could have told anyone about the secret.

10/5/2005 Premier League Football Manchester United v Chelsea Jose Mourinho and Alex Ferguson embrace Photo: Offside / NI Syndication

Jose Mourinho and Alex Ferguson embrace in 2005
Photo: Offside / NI Syndication

Mourinho told the BBC: “He told me a huge secret, not many people knew, like, one month or two months before the decision. I know that he trusts me, because if he doesn’t, he doesn’t tell me but I was scared.

“I was scared so when finally he informed the media about this decision it was a sense of relief.”

Ferguson is believed to have told Pep Guardiola (who was his first choice replacement), Arsene Wenger and Mourinho of his intention to retire as early as January of 2013.

READ ALSO:

Mourinho also revealed that Ferguson had tried to persuade him to leave Real Madrid for United in the summer of 2013 but only had his eye on the Chelsea job which he accepted.

He said: “Every manager in the world looks at Man Utd as a huge club but I wanted to come to Chelsea,” he told BBC.

“And we didn’t bring that to the table because we were so open and he knows so much about myself that he knew that for almost a season, I want to leave Real Madrid and I want to come to Chelsea.”

Mourinho left Real Madrid and signed for Chelsea in 2013 for a second stint with Chelsea while Ferguson announced David Moyes as his replacement at Old Trafford.

The post I Was Scared When Ferguson Told Me He Would Retire – Mourinho appeared first on Nigeria News today & Breaking news | Read on NAIJ.COM.


I Was Scared When Ferguson Told Me He Would Retire – Mourinho Reviewed by Olusola Bodunde on 04:27 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for reading, please share this post and leave a comment. Your comment is important to us

All Rights Reserved by Naija News Live © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.