Sports Betting

Trending

random

Nigeria May Have Its First Aeroplane If Government Assists This Man

It might take a shorter time than expected for the country to be among manufacturers of aeroplanes and helicopters. This is because Nigeria may have its first aeroplane assembled and built here if the federal government pays more attention to people with knowledge of constructing airplanes.

, a resident of Jobele and a welder by profession in Oyo state spoke with Naij.com on Monday, December 14 on how he used his expertise at building jets, helicopters and aeroplanes. He believes his effort could launch Nigeria further to the outside world in airspace technology.

ex heli helicopter

The locally-built helicopter

READ ALSO:

In Onah’s words, he said: “I started building my helicopter since January 2015. I had earlier constructed smaller jets and airplanes from woods. My dream and passion to build an airplane drove me to build this helicopter.”

The Minister of , Dr Ogbonnaya Onu, a few days after he was sworn in as a minister said he wanted to be the best minister under the government of .

ogbonnaya onu i

Dr Ogbonnaya Onu, Minister of Science and Technology

In view of this, this could be possible if Dr Onu digs deep into discovering local scientists and technologists like Onah and giving them the necessary assistance.

The Benue state born Onah stated that he will pursue his dream of Nigeria’s first  to the latter. He also spoke about how he ran from pillar to post in soliciting financial assistance. He said he went to Afijio local government and other well-meaning people in Oyo state regarding his project, but no one helped him except his wife, Margaret, his daughter, Mary and one Pastor Benjamin Oyetola Oyegbemile, his neighbour.

READ ALSO:

To further corroborate Onah’s claim, his wife said: “Since my husband started building this helicopter in January this year, not even his brothers helped him out. Only my daughter, Pastor Benjamin and I assisted him. I stood by him and told him he will succeed at the end of the day.”

Mary, who is in SS 2 also spoke about her father’s passion to making his dream come true. “Initially when my father began his invention, my classmates mocked me. They said my father will not achieve anything. But as my father finished his helicopter up to this stage, they stopped mocking me. They all now show me respect and even come to our house daily to see the helicopter.” She stated.

Pastor Oyegbemile gave his side of the helicopter story. He stated that, “I believe Mr Onah will get to places. I have been monitoring his invention since he started early this year. I never knew him before. It was his construction that made me know him better.

“Personally, I will see all I can do to contact the local authorities, Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), the science and technology ministry. I am really proud of him. This is the first of its kind in Nigeria. I am happy this is coming from Oyo state, the pacesetter state. I am using this medium to plead on Governor Abiola Ajimobi to assist Mr Onah so that his project will see the light of the day.”

The post Nigeria May Have Its First Aeroplane If Government Assists This Man appeared first on Nigeria News today & Breaking news | Read on NAIJ.COM.


Nigeria May Have Its First Aeroplane If Government Assists This Man Reviewed by Olusola Bodunde on 08:19 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for reading, please share this post and leave a comment. Your comment is important to us

All Rights Reserved by Naija News Live © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.