Sports Betting

Trending

random

Chisom Chikatara: Super Eagles hattrick hero dedicates Man of the Match award to late mum

Chisom Chikatara with the matchball and Man of the Match award

Chisom Chikatara got a hattrick for Nigeria as they beat Niger 4-1 in their first game of the African Nations Champions

Super Eagles hattrick hero in their 4-1 win over Niger, Chisom Chikatara has dedicated his Man of the Match award to his late mother.

The Abia Warriors forward got his first goal in the 73th minute, before completing his hat trick with a goal in the 80th minute and another in the second minute of injury time as Nigerian beat Niger 4-1 in their first group game of the African Nations Championship.

 

For his hattrick, he was named the Man of the Match.

I’m excited and happy. The fact that the goals were enough to secure the victory for the team makes it great for me, the striker nicknamed the Kolanut Boy by the media in the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) told npfl.com after the game.

I appreciate the coach for the opportunity given to me to play and my teammates for the solid team work that got me the goals.

I feel great for this achievement, I will continue to work hard alongside my teammates and hopefully I can finish as the tournament top scorer. However, that is not the target for now because it is not a perfect team yet.”

Also read: Solomon Dalung rewards Super Eagles for Niger win

Chikatara’s mum died during the NPFL 2014/15 season and the striker wishes she was alive to see him shine at CHAN.

I wished she is alive tonight, I felt emotional after scoring those goals. I’m dedicating my MVP award to her, she motivated me and encouraged my career," he said.

Nigeria sit top of Group C with three points, Tunisia and Guinea are tied on one point each, while Niger Republic are bottom of the log.

Nigeria will face Tunisia while Niger Republic will tackle Guinea on Friday.

Watch Chisom Chikatara's hattrick against Niger below:


Chisom Chikatara: Super Eagles hattrick hero dedicates Man of the Match award to late mum Reviewed by Olusola Bodunde on 00:43 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for reading, please share this post and leave a comment. Your comment is important to us

All Rights Reserved by Naija News Live © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.