Sports Betting

Trending

random

Demi Lovato: Singer denies subbing Taylor Swift in #FreeKesha tweets

Demi Lovato 

Singer Demi Lovato denies taking shots at Taylor Swift during the #FreeKesha Twitter campaign.

Singer Demi Lovato, 23, has denied taking shots at music superstar Taylor Swift in her tweet which was in support of fellow female singer Kesha.

On Friday, February 19 Kesha was denied from exiting her recording contract from music producer Dr. Luke after she accused him of raping and drugging her over a decade ago.

 

Several celebrities such as Taylor Swift, Lorde, Lady Gaga, Grimes, Lily Allen and Ariana Grande have rallied around her. Taylor Swift also donated £175,000 to Kesha.

When the hashtag #FreeKesha started trending on Twitter, Demi Lovato wrote “Take something to Capitol Hill or actually speak out about something and then I'll be impressed.” Some people believe this was in reference to Taylor Swift’s monetary donation.

Read: Demi Lovato hopes for an engagement ring on Val's Day

 

Demi Lovato later responded to a Taylor Swift fan account and denied taking shots at her.

 

I didn't shade Taylor. If you take it that way [then] fine. I'm just tired of seeing women use 'women empowerment' and 'feminism' to further brands without actually being the ones that have the uncomfortable conversations. I get shade and I don't give a fuck because someone has to be the one to take it. At least I'm getting my hands dirty” she wrote.

Demi Lovato also denied she was jumping in on the Kesha trend for publicity. “How the fuck am I making this about myself. At least I'm talking about it," she added. "Not everyone has 250k to just give to people. Would love to but I didn't grow up with money and def haven't made as much as her. At least I speak up about shit that's uncomfortable to talk about rather than trying to be politically correct 24/7.

Demi Lovato also said she is not in a rivalry with Swift.


Demi Lovato: Singer denies subbing Taylor Swift in #FreeKesha tweets Reviewed by Olusola Bodunde on 02:18 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for reading, please share this post and leave a comment. Your comment is important to us

All Rights Reserved by Naija News Live © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.