Sports Betting

Trending

random

Ahmed Musa makes shocking revelation about himself and Kanu

– Super Eagles forward Ahmed Musa says he plans to be a hero in the EPL just like Nwankwo Kanu

–  Musa says Kanu is the most famous footballer, ahead of Jay-Jay Okocha and Finidi George in Nigeria

Ahmed Musa, Leicester City’s record signing has said he would like to become a Premier League legend just like his long-time friend, Nwankwo Kanu.

The Super Eagles forward, who joined the English champions from CSKA Moscow, said he spoke to Kanu before his transfer, and is now eager to follow in the footsteps of the former Arsenal star in England.

ahmed-musa

GET for FREE: Get the latest sports news on Naij Sports

He said: “I’m going to do whatever it takes to become a legend like Kanu.

“All Nigerian kids want to play here and I believe this is going to be a good league for me.

“I took advice from my friend Kanu. He told me a lot about England and Leicester and said it would be a good move for me.

“Kanu won the league and FA Cup twice with Arsenal and the FA Cup again with Portsmouth.

Kanu Nwankwo, posing with some of the trophies he won during his time at Arsenal FC

Kanu Nwankwo, posing with some of the trophies he won during his time at Arsenal FC

“He’s probably Nigeria’s most famous footballer, ahead of Jay-Jay Okocha and Finidi George.

“I’ve a long way to go to rival their achievements. But I’ve always been used to upsetting the odds. People used to tell me, ‘Musa, you are far too small to be a striker’.

“But I’d always reply, ‘It doesn’t matter what size you are, it’s what you do that matters’.

“The only time that didn’t work out was when I was a goalkeeper.

“I was a goalie until I was 12. Then I went outfield, which was the best decision of my life because I don’t think I’d have made it anywhere as a keeper.”

Musa signed a four-year deal with Leicester City on Friday, July 8, to become the club’s fourth signing of the summer, following the arrivals of Nampalys Mendy, Ron-Robert Zieler and Luis Hernandez.

Musa notched 54 goals in 168 appearances, winning three Russian Super League trophies in five seasons in Russia. He has also won 58 caps for Nigeria at senior level, scoring 11 goals.

He was Super Eagles captain until he recently relinquished the position to Chelsea midfielder, John Obi Mikel.

The post Ahmed Musa makes shocking revelation about himself and Kanu appeared first on Nigeria News today & Breaking news | Nigerian newspapers 24/7.


Ahmed Musa makes shocking revelation about himself and Kanu Reviewed by Olusola Bodunde on 02:14 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for reading, please share this post and leave a comment. Your comment is important to us

All Rights Reserved by Naija News Live © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.