Sports Betting

Trending

random

Yomi Fabiyi: Intercultural marriage can work

by Anike Jacobs

It is even more solid than that of Nigerians who got married to partners of same nationality, he says.

yomi wife

See excerpts from his chat with us below:

“Love doesn’t say it is wrong to marry someone who has a different skin color. I fell in love with Franca because of her good character  I met this woman three years ago and loved her character, she was so unique, she would laugh at my jokes, make me feel on top of the world despite our different cultural background and skin color.

Admitting that he is aware of the advantage of marrying a briton woman, he said “Yes, I agree I know that marrying her will guarantee me a british passport after five years, but that wasn’t why I married her.  The fact remains that I married her because I loved and I still love her.

What many people don’t know is that I am probably not even going to accept the green card because I am nursing a political ambition and accepting that passport means I have to renounce that I am a nigerian and I can’t do that.”

And he threw a shade at celebrities whose marriages lasted less than a year “I have been in my marriage for over three years which is a pass mark for me because I know many marriages that have crumbled in less than a year, yet they married personalities of same nationality.

Mine is still solid because it came up on the basis of truth, true love. All those marriages the media celebrated, they are going through turmoil today or have even crashed but my marriage that was heavily criticized is still standing. “

Dealing with long distance “I go to England as often as i can as a matter of fact, I am just returning from there and my wife is also coming to Nigeria this July, so distance is not a problem. We spent the last valentine together, she had to let me come for the governorship election because i missed the presidential.”

On being married and not wearing his wedding ring “It shouldn’t be a basis to judge a happy marriage, that i don’t step out with mine doesn’t mean i don’t love my wife. Even footballers don’t step out with their wedidng rings too. The truth is, most times I forget to step out with it, especially when i’m on a movie set.”

 According to the actor, “She wanted me to move to the UK, I resisted the temptation because that was not what I had on my mind. Honestly, I like ‘Oyinbo’ (a word used to mean White men in Yoruba language), because of their simple life and independent reasoning.

“When I met this woman, I was lonely and emotionally down. I will never have canal knowledge of her, take her money and run, and I went on with the marriage when a friend retorted ‘What will people say’. Since it is my life, I went on because I don’t live on people’s opinion. The same friend has tried to hurt me and leave me unhappy severally.”

The post Yomi Fabiyi: Intercultural marriage can work appeared first on YNaija.


Yomi Fabiyi: Intercultural marriage can work Reviewed by Olusola Bodunde on 08:13 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for reading, please share this post and leave a comment. Your comment is important to us

All Rights Reserved by Naija News Live © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.