Sports Betting

Trending

random

EXCLUSIVE: Owa Obokun Of Ijesa Land Reacts To Death Rumour (Photos)

The Owa Obokun of Ijesaland, Oba Gabriel Adekunle Aromolaran II, has vehemently dismissed the rumour insinuating he has joined his ancestors.

Naij.com yesterday October 28, paid a courtesy visit to the monarch and can authoritatively confirm that Oba Gabriel Adekunle Aromolaran II is alive; hale and hearty.

The Owa Obokun of Ijesaland, Oba Gabriel Adekunle Aromolaran II

Owa Obokun of Ijesaland, Oba Gabriel Adekunle Aromolaran II

Speaking in an exclusive interview, the paramount ruler of Ijesa said he was surprised at the unfounded rumour. He condemned rumour mongering and described it as a cankerworm that destroys the unity of a community or nation.

”Rumour mongering has to be exterminated as much as possible. It is something to be discouraged and it does not bring progress” he said.

 Oba Gabriel Adekunle Aromolaran II and his emissaries

Oba Gabriel Adekunle Aromolaran II and his emissaries

Explaining the reason for his short absence, the monarch said he left Nigeria on October 7 for London to attend the wedding ceremony of late Oba Okunade’s son.

”This wedding took place in London on October 10. I was there with the knowledge of the state governor Rauf Aregbesola. About five to six traditional rulers accompanied me apart from my chiefs. The ceremony was held in Central London at the church usually attended by the queen and we were given all the royal support.”

READ ALSO:

Oba Gabriel Adekunle Aromolaran II

Oba Gabriel Adekunle Aromolaran II

”The following week, we ceased the opportunity to visit the acting representative of Nigeria on Cumberland Avenue that is the Acting High Commissioner, His Excellency Olukunle Gbambose. (Showing the photographs),TD Adeniyi, the Minster and Head of Consular Education and Welfare, Nigeria High Commission. I was accompanied by my two wives: Owameran of Esa Oke (one of the obas in the community), Olufon of Ifon Osun in Osun state.

Entrance to the Oba's palace

Entrance to the Oba’s palace

”Other obas were not there because it was impromptu. We did all these and I arrived Nigeria on October 22 to attend my son’s wedding which took place in Ibadan October 24. One of the ways I unwind is dancing. I enjoyed myself that Saturday only to discover some people have been peddling unfounded rumours certainly not about me because I am as strong as ever. I have nothing to say that God is my father and such will never happen to me.”

Since he was installed the traditional ruler of Ijesa land, Oba Adekunle said he has never been admitted in a hospital. According to him,
he visits the hospital only for routine medical checkup.

READ ALSO:

”I’ve never had headache, backache. God has given me the gift of a sound health. I don’t experience any old-age sickness. I’ve been talking to you for an hour now and I’ve not gone to the toilet.”

Another entrance of the King's palace

Another entrance to the King’s palace

”I try as much as possible to control my emotions to avoid hypertension. So somebody would not be sick and would just die? Have you seen cases like that? In law, it is a criminal offence when you say things that are not true. My prayer is that God will forgive them. May be they peddled the rumour as a result of their illiteracy because educated people to peddle unfounded rumour” he said.

The post EXCLUSIVE: Owa Obokun Of Ijesa Land Reacts To Death Rumour (Photos) appeared first on Nigeria News today & Breaking news | Read on NAIJ.COM.


EXCLUSIVE: Owa Obokun Of Ijesa Land Reacts To Death Rumour (Photos) Reviewed by Olusola Bodunde on 07:51 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for reading, please share this post and leave a comment. Your comment is important to us

All Rights Reserved by Naija News Live © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.