Sports Betting

Trending

random

LIB reader alleges wrongful treatment by LASTMA officials

Read his story below...
On the 19th Jan, 2016 at about 1:06pm, around Anthony bustop, one of the bolts of the tyre of my Sienna suddenly ‎came off. On getting down to confirm what had happened, a LASTMA official walked up to me to know what was happening. The next thing was he asked was how much I would pay him or else he would tow my car away and give me a ticket. I was in complete shock ‎as I was still expecting some empathy from him.

I immediately told him I'm disappointed he's asking me for a bribe when the first thing should be about helping me get the car off the road. This got him very angry as he immediately ordered the towing truck to tow my car away. (All these happened in a space of 5minutes) 

O‎n getting to their office, (Zone 32, Idoroko, Ikorodu Road), he raised a ticket of #60,000 for me(I refused to collect the ticket since I knew I didn't commit any crime)

I have since spoken to many of his colleagues who all confirmed that all I needed to pay for shouldn't be more than the cost of towing my car, but that since a ticket of #60,000 had been raised, I have no choice than to pay the sum.

I believe this is an abuse of power and injustice on me and‎ the relevant authority needs to hear about this. I have since written to the office of the Governor of Lagos State, with the hope that justice will be served.‎

‎To move our nation forward, and as one of the focus of this great administration, acts of bribery and Corruption must be totally frowned at.

LIB reader alleges wrongful treatment by LASTMA officials Reviewed by Olusola Bodunde on 01:04 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for reading, please share this post and leave a comment. Your comment is important to us

All Rights Reserved by Naija News Live © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.