Sports Betting

Trending

random

MUST READ: Buhari’s top 13 quotes of his first year as the President

Exactly one year ago the former military ruler, Muhammadu Buhari, was inaugurated as the president of Africa’s largest economy.

Buhari military ruler

Nigerian masses are equally divided as to what the president, who is now 73, means to them, or whether Buhari had met their expectations.

The supporters of the incumbent leader of the nation are of the opinion that President Buhari had almost fulfilled his promises in the fight against the Boko Haram and has gone far in attacking the graft.

READ ALSO: Watch Buhari’s speech on Democracy Day

However, there are those that fault the president’s economic policies.

The Governance Advancement Initiative for Nigeria recently carried out a fresh survey that showed that President Buhari’s popularity rating had drastically dropped to 32.8%.

Below are 10 quotes in which Buhari outlined his leadership style, how he intended to tackle the problems, among other things in Nigeria.

1. ‘I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody’ – Inauguration ceremony, May 29, 2015.

2. ‘I cannot change the past. But I can change the present and the future. I am a former military ruler and a converted democrat’ – July 2015.

Buhari quote

3. ‘If Boko Haram continues with suicide bombings, we might consider banning wearing the hijab’ – December 2015

4. ‘We cannot build an economy where corruption is the working capital” – March 2016

5. ‘I am not going to demand any apology… What I am demanding is the return of assets’ -After UK PM David Cameron said Nigeria was ‘fantastically corrupt’

6. ‘We will stop corruption and make the ordinary people, the weak and the vulnerable our top priority.

I share your pains

7. “Living in the State House does not in any way alienate me from your daily struggles. I read the newspapers and listen to the TV and radio news. I hear your cries. I share your pains.

8. ‘We will be a compassionate government, for out of compassion arises the truest forms of wealth and progress a society can attain.’

9. ‘We shall strongly battle another form of evil that is even worse than terrorism – the evil of corruption.’

We shall strongly battle

10. ‘Boko Haram is a mindless, godless group who are as far away from Islam as one can think of.’

11. ‘Any war waged on corruption should not be misconstrued as settling old scores or a witch-hunt. I’m running for president to lead Nigeria to prosperity and not adversity. Corruption will have no place and the corrupt will not be appointed into my administration.’

READ ALSO: President Buhari speaks on the state of nation

12. ‘Religion is a personal affair. If you want to visit Mecca or Jerusalem do it with your personal funds. Sponsorship of religious pilgrimages is illegal, unconstitutional and lack of fairness.’

13. ‘You are all my people; I will treat you all as mine. I will work for those who voted for me, voted against me and those who didn’t vote at all.’

The post MUST READ: Buhari’s top 13 quotes of his first year as the President appeared first on Nigeria News today & Breaking news | Nigerian newspapers.


MUST READ: Buhari’s top 13 quotes of his first year as the President Reviewed by Olusola Bodunde on 03:03 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for reading, please share this post and leave a comment. Your comment is important to us

All Rights Reserved by Naija News Live © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.