Sports Betting

Trending

random

Anthony Joshua: Nigerian-British boxer scared of brain damage

Anthony Joshua

Speaking in an interview, the 26-year-old says he is aware of the danger he puts himself in each time he enters the ring.  

Nigerian-British boxer Anthony Joshua has revealed his fears of brain damage as a boxer.

Joshua who won gold at the London Olympics in 2012 has seen his profile rise following his win IBF heavyweight title win in April.

ALSO READ: Anthony Joshua denies relationship with stripper

Speaking in an interview, the 26-year-old says he is aware of the danger he puts himself in each time he enters the ring. 

 

Asked by Evening Standard's ES Magazine what he fears most about boxing, Joshua said; 'Two things: losing all I have worked so hard for and being unable to provide for my son's future and secondly, the effect boxing is having on my brain.”

 

I know if I don't look after myself I will be talking to you in a couple of years' time mumbling my words, and slurring. It won't be because I am drunk it will be the fighting, taking blow after blow to the brain.

That scares me. I don't worry about being killed in the ring, it's losing my mind that I fear.” 


Anthony Joshua: Nigerian-British boxer scared of brain damage Reviewed by Olusola Bodunde on 05:31 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for reading, please share this post and leave a comment. Your comment is important to us

All Rights Reserved by Naija News Live © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.