Sports Betting

Trending

random

Nollywood star opens up on pains of being a single parent, here’s what she said

– Iyabo Ojo speaks on travails of being a single parent

– The Nollywood star also seized the opportunity to shower praises on her son who turns 17 today June 21, 2016

Nollywood actress Iyabo Ojo has spoken on being a single mother and the challenges she’s faced thus far.

The 38-year-old mother of two took to Instagram on Monday, June 20, 2016 to shower praises on her son Festus who turns 17 today June 21, 2016 and she seized the opportunity to touch on the experience of raising him alone in the absence of her husband – his father.

According to the entertainer, her love for the young man will continue to wax strong even in death.

She also left him some words of wisdom, urging him to remain level headed and carry on with his studies in order to attain greatness in life.

Iyabo Ojo showers praises on 17-year-old son. Credit: Instagram

Iyabo Ojo showers praises on 17-year-old son. Credit: Instagram

Read her full message below:

“A journey of 17years started just like yesterday, it wasn’t easy been a father and a mother at the same time even when I was married but today all I can say is thank You Lord!

“My first fruit, my first true love, my joy, my strength, my weakness, my pride, you are my jewel of inestimable value.

READ ALSO: EXCLUSIVE: Iyabo Ojo speaks on new movie Astray

“I loved you In my womb, loved you when you came out, loved you every day for 17 years and I will never stop loving you even in death.

“Keep making mama proud because that’s all I want from you and your sister! Face your studies, be responsible, be great, be respectful and love your very own.

“Happy birthday in advance my golden boy @fedel_x, mama loves you beyond your imagination. It’s tomorrow yeepee.”

This is not the first time the actress is shedding light on the nature of things in respect to being a single parent as well as her efforts in providing the best for her kids.

In 2015, she spoke exclusively to NAIJ.com saying that at some point she had to do a lot to keep her kids in school, including selling her jewelry.

She said:

Iyabo Ojo and fellow Nollywood star Fathia Balogun. Credit: Instagram

Iyabo Ojo and fellow Nollywood star Fathia Balogun. Credit: Instagram

It is a journey that when I look up and look down all I have to say is thank you, Lord. It has not been easy. I remember when I first started that journey with my kids, even when I was married I was doing it all alone.

“When I came out of it I thought that Iyabo doing it all alone was temporary but now it is permanent. That kind of made me buckle up and all I kept saying to myself was that these children didn’t ask to be here, I brought them to the world, they are my responsibility and I just have to be the best mom to them.

“Sometime, things are difficult but that’s because I don’t do beyond my limit. I don’t copy people; I cut my coat according to my pocket and it was easy for me like that. There was a time I sold my gold jewellery. I have had to borrow from friends to pay my children’s school fees.

READ ALSO: EXCLUSIVE: Iyabo Ojo speaks on marriage, being a single parent and mother and more

“Children have their own blessing that come with them, that is my greatest belief. Every child is a blessing. There is no perfect way of doing it, the best way is just manage it anyhow; don’t overdo it. I am always the last. They have to come first. My business have also been of a lot of help as acting alone cannot pay our bills. I started with a supermarket even before I got married but now I have two beauty shops to assisting in picking my bills as I am a breadwinner.”

She however refuted claims that her marriage collapsed as a result of her involvements in the Nigerian entertainment industry.

She said:

Iyabo Ojo, Nollywood actress and producer. Credit: Instagram

Iyabo Ojo, Nollywood actress and producer. Credit: Instagram

It was another thing entirely; it had nothing to do with my acting because I gave up acting immediately I found out I was pregnant. I just gave it all up because I wanted to have a home.

“I wasn’t known as an artist then. People would say: who is this girl? It wasn’t as if I had an established name or face. It was just the beginning of my career. The baby came and it was easy to give up everything because I was not deeply into acting then. I was just a beginner. Making up my mind to come back to acting was a result of the crash.”

Ojo is widely respected in the Yoruba faction of Nigeria’s thriving movie industry popularly referred to as Nollywood

In 2015, she produced Isina (Astray) which featured Sean Tizzle and Tayo Sobola. The movie was Sean Tizzle’s Nollywood debut and was widely reviewed. 

The post Nollywood star opens up on pains of being a single parent, here’s what she said appeared first on Nigeria News today & Breaking news | Nigerian newspapers.


Nollywood star opens up on pains of being a single parent, here’s what she said Reviewed by Olusola Bodunde on 07:03 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for reading, please share this post and leave a comment. Your comment is important to us

All Rights Reserved by Naija News Live © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.